Sunday, August 07, 2011

New Company!

I found this site, to rename nameless, with the following text on the home page. (my comments in [brackets] and the real name of the company has been replaced with "Fulff"!)

Fluff’s immediate focus is to lay the technical foundation to digitally connect households together...[Oh, cool! You're going to run cable or fiber from house to house?! What a neat idea! Will it make my Internet speed better?] The company aims to empower individuals with their own online household portals that can digitally connect them to other people that they know. [Wait- you mean like Facebook did five years ago? or like Google+? Hasn't this been done before?]Fluff expects that this network of collected portals [the portals are connected? I thought the households were connected?] will become the next progression of a private social network. [That's interesting. Google thinks Google+ will become the next progression of a private social network.] Portals will also serve as virtual storefronts where individuals can buy and sell products and services and share information among connected households. [ok, like eBay? like a big connected eBay garage sale? when are you going to run a fiber optic cable between the houses in my neighborhood?] The biggest value in being a part of the household network [my household already has a network. It runs at 1Gbit/sec. There are 42 drops and 19 nodes...] is the ability to buy, sell and share with each other and to capture the collective benefit among local people that you know, value and support. [WAIT. This is starting to sound like a pyramid scheme. Oh- that's right, we don't call them that anymore. I meant to say "DIRECT MARKETING". So your new network will allow all my neighbors to spam me with the crap they want to sell me, and in return I can do the same to them? Sounds like a NOVEL idea!] This human touch strengthens loyalty within the network [Within my household network? The computers connected to my network are pretty trustworthy already.] and the community to propel growth, sustainability and profitability. [if we were playing BUZZWORD BINGO, I think I'd already have a full card.] The household portal carries the personalized identity of a household in the form of its own domain name (or URL). [You're giving my HOUSE a URL? What happened to the fiber optic cable! My house doesn't need a URL, thank you.] Each online portal gives members of the family access to three basic operations: buy, sell and query (or share). [Of all the things I am interested in doing, those three are at the very bottom of the list. ] Members of the family can buy items of interest, sell items to others and earn a commission. [huh? a commission? If I sell something I own to someone else, I don't get a commission, I get whatever they paid me for it. you people are not making a bit of sense now. ] They can also query information relating to particular products and services and subscribe to the manufacturer, supplier, distributor or service provider. [supplier or distributor? service provider? why would I need any of those things to sell my stuff to people I know via your magic portal?] As part of the household portal network, the company will create a directory of local businesses that can be searched to locate items or services of interest. [uh, like Google?]

It is reported that over $115 billion in sales are generated through direct sales [WTF!? This IS a pyramid scheme!] worldwide, and in excess of over 55 million individuals actively participate in these activities. [55 million people out of nearly 7 billion?] Fluff plans to take this a step further by empowering these individuals with their own online portal that can digitally connect to others they know. [LIKE FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE+] These collections of connected portals become the NEXT EVOLUTION OF PRIVATE SOCIAL NETWORKING [JUST BECAUSE YOU PUT IT IN BOLD TYPE DOESN'T MAKE YOU LOOK SMARTER] that can act as a virtual storefront for savings [my savings doesn't need a storefront]; creating earning opportunities and sharing family values and services [you haven't really said anything about how this works yet.] According to new research from The Nielsen Company, Americans spend nearly a quarter of their time online on social networking sites and blogs [THAT ALREADY EXIST!], up from 15.8 % just a year ago (43% increase). The research revealed that Americans spend a third their [a third their?] online time (36%) communicating and networking across social networks, blogs, personal email and instant messaging. [SO?]

Good luck with all that.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.digagogo.com/about/about-us/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home